Any business operating with offices in multiple locations needs to be able to connect quickly, securely and reliably. MPLS is a next-generation technology that combines the flexible, any-to-any communication of the internet with the reliability, security and quality usually found in a privately owned and managed network.
An MPLS network offers a highly scalable method for carrying data quickly and efficiently. Vodacom Business’ state-of-the-art MPLS network has three key benefits for customers:
- Speed: Experience agile networking at the speed of
- Quality: Applications work optimally through our network
and the user experience is predictable.
- Trust: The security built into our service means you can guarantee
the integrity of your data as it won’t be compromised or intruded upon.
The benefits of choosing MPLS
- Fast routing: It’s much faster compared to traditional virtual private networks (VPNs).
- Supports multiple protocols
- Inherent resilience: Traffic ‘automatically’ re-routes itself. This means applications will remain live in the unlikely event of a network route failure.
- Quality of service (QoS): IT managers can predict the performance of their applications as they traverse Vodacom’s network. They can give preferential treatment to applications for optimal performance – this isn’t possible using ordinary internet link solutions.
- Cost saving: MPLS is more cost effective than traditional leased lines.
- Security: The built-in security is on par with private leased lines, but at a fraction of the cost.
- Scalability: You can add and remove branch networks easily without disrupting your existing services.