Whether it's for your kids, your mom or your best friend, buying a data bundle for someone else on the Vodacom network is a very useful function – especially if they've run out of airtime!
The cost of the data bundle will be charged to your bill or, if you're on Prepaid, deducted from your airtime.
Transferring data bundles is a free service, but you will need to call 082 135 to activate the service if you're on Contract or Top Up.
Data Bundle Transfer is already active for Prepaid customers.
How do I do a data bundle transfer?
1. Using USSD
- Dial *135# and select 'Buy bundles and services'
- Select 'Data bundles'
- Select 'For another number'
- Enter recipient's Vodacom number
- Select the data bundle to transfer
2. On the My Vodacom App
- Go to 'Buy Bundles' > Type in the number you want to buy a bundle for > click 'Proceed'
3. By logging into My Vodacom Online
Log into My Vodacom Online and buy bundles using your airtime or have it charged to your monthly bill.
Please note, as a Prepaid or Top Up customer, you can only transfer bundles worth up to 80% of your airtime balance.