How well do you know Game of Thrones?
Think you know Game of Thrones? Then take our GOT quiz to prove your knowledge on all things Ice and Fire. Plus, find out how much data you'll need to watch it all!
Game of Thrones returns to our screens this month and keeping track of who's who after seven years can be an undertaking in itself, which is why we created a helpful guide to bring you up to speed.
However, if you consider yourself an expert on the world of Westeros, take our fiendishly clever Game of Thrones quiz, and see if you're as knowledgeable as you think you are.
Streaming from Showmax
You can watch the first six seasons exclusively on Showmax - find out how much data you'll need to watch it all, and how Showmax helps you to save data while you stream.
If you don’t already have a Showmax account, then simply sign up with Vodacom. With over 900 movies and series online (including Game of Thrones) you can pass the whole of winter indoors in the company of your favourite shows.
And if you're worried about burning through your data from all that binging, then we've got you covered with some helpful data saving tips.
Of course, the best bet for great-value streaming is to buy data bundles from Vodacom - check out your options on the Vodacom website.
Streaming on tablets and cellphones
- Once you are logged on to your Showmax account, click Menu.
- Click Settings (For iOS, click App Preference after Settings).
- Select Bandwidth Capping.
- Here, you’ll find three options:
- No Capping – this gives you the highest possible quality at 1.4 GB per hour
- Medium – 0.7 GB per hour
- Low – 0.3 GB per hour
Select the bandwidth capping setting best suited to your device and budget. You’ll be surprised how good the picture quality is on the medium or low settings, especially if you’re using a smartphone or tablet.
Streaming from a computer
- Log on to your Showmax account.
- Select whatever you want to watch from the catalogue and click PLAY NOW.
- As your show/movie begins to play, click Settings on the lower right-hand corner of the Showmax play bar.
- Your bandwidth capping options should pop up. Select the one that is most suitable to you.
Now that the capping is done, you can enjoy watching the show of your choice on Showmax without any fear that you might be using too much data.