This month Vodacom celebrates its 25th year keeping South Africans connected, and we're celebrating by giving away some exclusive prizes on the My Vodacom App.
Between Monday and Friday every week, logging onto the My Vodacom App will put you in the running to win prizes ranging from Defy home appliances, Delonghi coffee machines, Samsung home theatre systems and more. All you need to do to enter is visit the app and you will be automatically entered into the draw for that day.
That’s not all though as you can earn entries into our weekly draw where you stand a chance of winning flat screen TV’s and Huawei smartphones! All you have to do is make a bundle or airtime purchase in the App and you’ll be automatically entered into the weekly draw.
Highlights of the last 25 years
To celebrate the last 25 years, let's take a look at some of the highs the last two decades have brought us.
- 1994 – Vodacom officially switches on, becoming South Africa’s first network provider
- 1995 – Vodacom goes green by sponsoring the South African national team at the Rugby World Cup, which SA goes on to win.
- 2001 – We become the largest mobile network operator in Tanzania, with coverage spreading all the way to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro.
- 2003 – Vodacom launches the first 3G network, and we celebrate our first decade in business with well over 10 million customers in SA.
- 2007 – Everyone’s favourite dancing meerkat, Mo, is the number one brand character in South Africa.
- 2009 – We launch the My Vodacom App, giving customers a range of self-service capabilities and we become the first provider in SA to launch LTE/4G.
- 2015 – The My Vodacom App gets 2.4 million downloads, with a user increase of 52%.
- 2017 – Vodacom updates its brand imagery with a fresh new look. The Future is exciting. Ready?
Don’t miss out on the March Madness. Visit the app today and remember to keep coming back each day to qualify for the daily prize competition.