Meet our 2021 Bursaries for People Living with Disabilities (PWD) beneficiaries
Without additional support such which Vodacom is offering, it makes it difficult for people with disabilities to break through barriers.
Vodacom has created a bursary scheme for people living with disabilities to enable them realise their dreams. It does not only focus on paying the fees but also seeks to support them with assistive devices such as hearing aids, wheelchairs, laptops and specialised software where required.
People living with disabilities face a number of barriers the world over and they are:
- Physical - a physical environment that is not accessible.
- Attitudinal - out of sheer ignorance there is still pockets of negative attitudes of people towards disability.
- Social – lack of equal opportunities and equal income..
Diversity & inclusion
- Our Purpose articulates our commitment to creating a more inclusive society where no one is left behind.
- Introducing this exclusive bursary programme as a business , cements our commitment towards our purpose pillar: Inclusion for All
- It also takes us further in the creation of and sustainability of a diverse work-place.
Promoting of higher education
How the programme works:
- 100% ring-fenced to people living with disabilities
- Comprehensive bursary to study full time at higher learning institutions towards scarce & critical skills degrees –
- We provide them with essential tools such as laptops & cellphones
- We conduct progress visits & any additional studying support that may be necessary
- The bursary offers complete reasonable accommodation as needed
- Offers a guaranteed at least 1-year Internship opportunity in Vodacom post study on the condition of successful completion.
Hear from some of our 2021 Bursary recipients below