Protect your device from fraud
Vodacom's solutions for keeping your smartphone, tablet and other devices safe from fraudsters.
International Fraud Awareness Week started on 13 November. Keeping your information safe in a digital world is more important than ever, with identity fraud on the rise.
Vodacom supports the fight against fraud, and offers you a number of solutions to protect your devices and your personal information.
Vodacom Voice Password lets you log into your My Vodacom profile using your voice, which cannot be copied, stolen or faked. To activate it, simply login to the My Vodacom App and select Register Voice Password from the menu. Once you have successfully registered you will be notified.
Once you're registered:
- Start the My Vodacom App and select 'Voice login'
- Press and hold the record button (red button) and simply repeat three times: 'At Vodacom, my voice is my password'
- Press and hold the record button (red button) and simply repeat three times: '1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9'
Congratulations, you have now set up a voice password on your phone.
You can also safeguard your phone with Vodacom's free security app. The app allows you to find your phone when it’s missing, lock the phone remotely and ultimately wipe the phone of all sensitive information.
- Locate your lost or stolen phone: you can locate your phone on a map or use the ‘Lock & Beep’ feature to find your cellphone if it’s in close range.
- Keep your data safe and secure.
- Remotely lock and wipe all private content from your lost or stolen phone and SD card.
- Restore quickly and easy.
- Get call and SMS filtering, antivirus, and app and web protection in the premium package.
With your personal information secure, ensure that your device is also protected against loss, theft and damage by insuring it with Vodacom Insurance from as little as R35 per month »
Speak Up Hotline
If you are aware of, or have any suspicions regarding serious irregularities or if you have a genuine concern that might otherwise be damaging to our reputation or our people, this can be reported to our independently managed Speak Up Hotline.
Take note that any queries/disputes related to
- Upgrade fraud
- New line fraud
- Add on line fraud
- SIM Swaps
should be reported to our Customer Care call centre on 082135 and not to the Speak Up Hotline.
Allegations of scams and hoaxes relevant to or on our network should be reported via the Report cellphone scams and hoaxes form and not to the Speak Up Hotline.
All reports, allegations or suspicions involving specifically any of the following issues can be reported directly to the Speak Up hotline via our web reporting service
• Bribery or corruption - Attempts, potential or suspected bribery or corruption
• Competition law - Potential or suspected breach of competition law
• Serious breach of policy / code of conduct by any employee
• Criminal conduct by any employee
• Misconduct by any vendor/supplier against Vodacom
All reports made to the Speak Up hotline will be treated in the strictest confidence. Anonymity is guaranteed
Phone stolen? Don’t worry. We’ll help you to blacklist your device and block your SIM.