For COVID-19 updates, visit the official government website www.sacoronavirus.co.za for free.
There’s nothing like a great playlist to get you in the mood for a workout. High tempo songs can get your heart pumping and upbeat tracks keep you motivated.
But not everyone has the time to put together a playlist or have an idea of what to add. Music streaming subscription services such as Apple Music offer hundreds of playlists that are curated for this very purpose, compiling songs from the latest hits on the global stage to golden oldies that still get your heart racing. Can you hear Eye of the Tiger in your head yet?
Most music streaming services offer a free version and a paid subscription option, where a paid-for version allows for added benefits like offline listening, where you can download your playlists and listen from anywhere. You basically have millions of songs that you can choose from and the service usually suggests songs and playlists for you if you need a change up.
To simplify your life even further, you can just add these subscription services to your Vodacom account – no need to search for your card details or be concerned about security.
To shake things up and keep you entertained, these curated playlists are regularly updated with fresh content. You focus on the treadmill and your music streaming takes care of the rest.
There are always those go-to songs that you know really get you hyped though, that aren’t necessarily in a pre-made playlist. But these can just be added to it, or you can access the library to build your own pumping playlist.
Here are 24 songs across a variety of genres that you can add to your workout playlist to keep you motivated:
Pop and dance songs for your workout playlist
- Con Calma by Daddy Yankee, Snow
- Shake It Off by Taylor Swift
- There’s Nothing Holding Me Back by Shawn Mendez
- Ain’t Your Mama by Jennifer Lopez
- Power by Little Mix ft. Stormzy
- Just Got Paid by Sigala, Ella Eyre, Meghan Trainor, ft. French Montana
- Bills by Lunchmoney Lewis
- Level Up by Ciara
- Juice by Lizzo
- S&M by Rihanna
- I Love It by Icona Pop ft. Charli XCX
- Get Me Bodied (Homecoming Live) by Beyoncé
Alternative and rock workout songs
- The Kids Aren’t Alright by The Offspring
- Uma Thurman by Fallout Boy
- The Hell Song by Sum 41
- Make A Move by Icon For Hire
- Give It All by Rise Against
- The Pride by Five Finger Death Punch
- Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na) by My Chemical Romance
Hip hop and rap songs for workouts
- Apes**t by The Carters
- Press by Cardi B
- Runnin by Mike Will Made-It, A$AP Rocky, A$AP Ferg, Nicki Minaj
- Glorious by Macklemore ft. Skylar Grey
- We Own It by 2 Chainz, Wiz Khalifa
Did you know you can charge your Apple Music subscription to your Vodacom contract? Try it today and get the first three months for free! Note: existing Apple Music customers are not eligible for the free period. Click here to find out more.