Start your career at Vodacom
If you are a recent graduate, why not consider joining the Vodacom Early Careers programmes?
We’ve put together these FAQs received from those of you enquiring about the Vodacom Early Careers programmes. The answers to these give you an overview of what these programmes are about and whether any of them would be a good fit for you.
1. How long is the Internship Programme?
It lasts for a full year.
2. What is the difference between the Discover Graduate Programme and the Internship Programme?
The Vodacom Discover Graduate Programme (VDGP) is a permanent employment opportunity underpinned by a two-year skills training programme that’s specifically designed to develop future leaders. The applicants need to have completed at least their undergraduate degree or degree equivalent by the end of 2020. The VDGP offers graduates a rounded experience of the Vodacom business. including mentorship and coaching, and on-th- job training – all while earning a full salary and enjoying all the benefits of a full-time employee.
The Internship Programme is a 12-month fixed term contract that provides workplace experience underpinned by a carefully designed training programme. It allows participants to gain valuable work experience, explore career paths and network with professionals in the field, while earning an income. This programme is our pipeline into the Vodacom Discover Graduate Programme or other entry-level permanent roles.
3. What does the Vodacom Bursary Programme cover?
This is a comprehensive, academic merit bursary open to full-time first-, second- or third-year students intending to study or already studying towards degrees in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) but lack the resources to study further.
· Full university accommodation
· Capped amount for private accommodation
· Full registration and tuition fees
· Textbook allocation
· Meal allowance.
· Orientation workshop for all new students accepted on the programme
· Workplace exposure through our structured Vacation Work Programme
· Work readiness skills training to prepare the final-year bursars for the world of work
· Full access to our employee assistance programme (EAP) services, offered by ICAS.
4. How does the Vacation Work Programme work at Vodacom?
This is only open to students on the Vodacom Bursary Programme. It offers them the opportunity to obtain compulsory practical work experience related to their field of study, as required by the tertiary institution in order to complete the applicable degree.
5. Will Vodacom be recruiting for the Bursary, Internship, and Discover Graduate Programmes for 2021 considering the global pandemic we’ve been facing?
Yes, Vodacom is committed to developing and inspiring fresh talent. Our recruitment processes take into consideration the global pandemic and will ensure the safety of our own employees, customers and applicants.
To apply for the Bursary, Internship, or Vodacom Discover Graduate Programmes, click here. Applications close on 31 August 2020.