For COVID-19 updates, visit the official government website www.sacoronavirus.co.za for free.
As part of Vodacom's food security programme for 2016, Vodacom staff rolled up their sleeves for Mandela Day to pack food parcels, plant food gardens and distribute food hampers.
Volunteers from all regions of South Africa were invited to pack food buckets, packed with nutritious food at Vodacom offices. Food gardens will also be planted at 34 schools countrywide.
Once all the food hampers are packed, staff will have the opportunity to hand out the parcels at selected schools and get stuck into the food garden planting.
Food parcels by region
- KZN = 3 000 food parcels packed at Umhlanga office
- CENTRAL = 3 910 food parcels packed at Grey High School Hall
- EASTERN CAPE = 5 300 food parcels packed at Greenacres office
- WESTERN CAPE = 4 500 food parcels packed at Century City office
- MPUMALANGA = 2 000 food parcels packed at Nelspruit office
- LIMPOPO = 2 000 food parcels packed at Polokwane office
- GAUTENG = 9 290 food parcels packed at Midrand office
A big thank you to Gift of the Givers who have also recently donated 30 000 Cremora sachets to add to our buckets.