Huawei's P series is well known for innovations in photography and design, and its latest range will undoubtedly set the standard for the next generation of smartphones. The designs and colours of the Huawei P30 series are based on the concept of nature-inspired gradient colours. In the small-notch Huawei P30 Pro, two panes of double-curved glass form an invisible barrier that extends to the mid-frame, creating a slim look with a comfortable grip. The 6.47-inch Huawei P30 Pro and 6.1-inch Huawei P30 come in Breathing Crystal, Aurora and Black. The Huawei P30 Pro is also security savvy, with its In-Screen Fingerprint sensor that provides a larger fingerprint recognition area, which speeds up the unlocking process.
Let there be light
The Huawei P30 Pro's Leica Quad Camera System is a world-first for advanced mobile imaging technology. The smartphone comes with a 40MP primary camera which has a Huawei SuperSpectrum Sensor, a 20MP ultra-wide angle camera, a 32MP front camera, an 8MP telephoto camera fitted with a SuperZoom Lens and a Huawei ToF Camera. The all-new sensor, lens arrangement, image signal processor (ISP) and neural processing unit (NPU) work in tandem to capture incredible photos and videos.
The Huawei P30, on the other hand, is equipped with a Leica Triple Camera consisting of a 40MP Huawei SuperSpectrum sensor, a 16MP ultra-wide-angle camera and an 8MP telephoto camera. The new sensors, lens setup, image signal processor (ISP), NPU and custom image processing algorithms work seamlessly together to enable sophisticated professional camera features.
Attention to detail
The Huawei P30 Pro features a SuperZoom Lens-fitted into the chassis, allowing users to achieve a high-fidelity 5x optical zoom, 10x hybrid zoom and 50x digital zoom. The lens uses a prism to bend light at a 90-degree angle, enabling users to see farther. The SuperZoom can also be used for video and the optical zoom provides magnification at a minimal quality loss. With it, you can capture great life moments on video that are recorded as accurately as they are experienced.
The Dual Image Stabilisation Technology on the Huawei P30 Pro delivers professional image stabilisation support, so the smartphone can capture videos that look just like what they see. With Huawei Dual-View Video, the Huawei P30 and P30 Pro use multiple cameras simultaneously to capture videos, meaning you can capture both the full view of a scene and close-ups. Most impressively, you can even view these two perspectives at once on one screen, allowing users to make videos with real impact. This mode is particularly useful when filming large-scale events such as sports events, festivals and concerts.
- The Huawei P30 and Huawei P30 Pro are powered by the Kirin 980, Huawei’s latest and most powerful smartphone chipset for better performance and efficiency.
- The Huawei P30 Pro features a large 4,200mAh battery that supports the 40W Huawei SuperCharge, along with 15W Huawei Wireless Quick Charge and Wireless Reverse Charge.
- Smartphones in the Huawei P30 series come with high-performance Bluetooth that address poor audio issues.
- Huawei P30 devices run on the latest EMUI 9.1 that uses a revolutionary Extendable Read-Only File System (EROFS) to boost system speed and increase efficiency.
- The Huawei P30 Series is the first to feature GPU Turbo 3.0, which significantly optimises gaming performance.
- Huawei Share OneHop facilitates faster transferring of files from a Huawei P30 device to a Huawei PC through a simple tap.