Ous' Thandi's Baking Show with Mpho Maboi
Sports presenting royalty and business woman, Mpho Maboi, puts her ball skills to the test while delivering her signature Simply Redical Pancakes with Ous' Thandi.
This week Ous' Thandi is joined by sports presenter and business woman, Mpho Maboi, who puts her baking skills to the test while delivering her signature Simply Redical Pancakes.
#MegYourDay to watch Ous' Thandi's Baking Show FREE! Download the My Vodacom App, make sure you have a positive data balance, and opt into #MegYourDay every day to get up to 1GB FREE data to use on specific platforms each day*. Check out all the details here.
Simply Redical Pancakes
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon food coloring
- 1 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 150g berries
- 250ml cream whipped
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- Combine eggs, milk, oil and food colouring in a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, sift flour, sugar and salt & cinnamon . Combine both bowls and mix well. Let mixture rest for about 10-15 minutes.
- Make the filling by sweetening the whipped cream and folding in the sliced berries and set aside.
- Lightly grease a pan and preheat it to medium. Pour batches of the batter evenly into the pan to create light and fluffy pancakes.
- Cook until the edges start to flake and turn brown. Flip, then cook for about 30 seconds more, remove and cool.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter. Once cooled roll in the filling and finish with a sprinkle of icing sugar and pomegranate pearls.