Simplified device insurance to keep you connected
Vodacom Device Cover is designed to help you stay connected when life throws its curveballs at you.
Have you heard of nomophobia? It’s an abbreviation of the words “no-mobile-phone phobia”, which is the fear of being without your phone – including losing or breaking it. There’s a reason why there’s an actual word for this. We use our phones to communicate, connect with online communities, organise our lives, do our shopping, schedule our meetings, wake us up, photograph us, do our banking and keep us from getting lost.
Your phone is your antenna
There’s no denying our phones are our active antennas to the world and we keep our feelers out to stay in touch constantly. In fact, according to a report by Global Digital Yearbook, South Africans spend the sixth-longest time online in the world, connected for an average of eight hours and 25 minutes every day, on any device. This is much longer than the global average of six hours and 41 minutes – although the Philippines tops the list with an average of 10 hours (plus) a day spent online.
If you still need convincing about the value of your mobile BFF, check out these incredible statistics:
- We tap, swipe, and click on our phones 2 617 times per day
- The average smartphone owner unlocks their phone 150 times a day
- We use a gadget 10 hours and 39 minutes on average each day
- We send or receive 94 texts per day on average
- 25% of adults wake up to use their phones at night
- We're using our phones 20% more often than we did in 2015
- 75% of Americans use their mobile phones on the toilet
- 85% of smartphone users check their phones while speaking with friends and family
- 87% of millennials say their smartphone never leaves their side
Lastly, according to a study by Harvard, 73% of us have experienced anxiety over losing our phones. Take care not to be part of this worrying statistic and get cell phone cover for only R20 a month – much less than a burger and far more satisfying!
Insure your phone, insure yourself
If your smartphone is a part of you, why wouldn’t you do everything to protect it, including insuring it? Last year South Africa’s smartphone penetration passed 90% of the population, while the number of people taking out insurance on their phones appears to have remained quite static. It’s almost like we’re in denial that anything could happen to our most important accessory. Isn’t it time to think a little differently? Invest in as little as R20 a month to cover your device.
Our easy cover is designed to help you stay connected when life throws its curveballs at you. There are different types of cover options to choose from, depending on your unique needs.