Technology is here to stay
Good tech habits for young kids
The older your children get, the more difficult it’ll be to keep them away from technology. That’s why it’s a good idea to teach good tech habits now, while they’re still small. Give these methods a try:
- Put a limit on their screen time. Keep an eye on how much time your toddler spends scrolling through your tablet or playing games on your phone. This way, he’ll value the time allocated to him.
- Treat technology as a reward. This is a great way to get your little one to do his chores. For example, picking up his toys could mean he gets to watch TV for half an hour. Or, placing his lunchbox in the sink every day for a week could result in computer time over the weekend.
- Set up parental controls. Apply age-appropriate settings. If you’re not tech-savvy, ask a friend to help you. And don’t hesitate to question your child about what he finds on the Internet.
- Enforce general household rules. Examples include phones are not allowed during meals, TVs must be switched off while doing homework, or tablets that must be put down when you’re having a conversation.
Heritage Month with Mum&Baby
How to redeem:
- Subscribe to Mum&Baby Premium content for R5
- Receive R50 Nando’s voucher (wiCode) via SMS
- Present the wiCode in-store at Nando’s to the cashier when paying for your purchase
The voucher expires on 30 September 2019.