Do it yourself with Vodacom
Vodacom’s self-service options are convenient, efficient and easy to use, to do everything from buying airtime to data bundles. Here’s what you need to know.
Vodacom’s self-service options mean that you can find the answers you're looking for easily – on your PC, phone or tablet – and manage your account from just about anywhere.
Online: My Vodacom
You can sign-up for My Vodacom by registering for My Vodacom online, either on your computer or from any phone or tablet with internet access. Once registered, you’ll be able to use the same username and password to log in for all Vodacom’s digital platforms, such as the My Vodacom App.
Once you’ve registered for an account and have logged in there, are loads of actions you can complete, including:
- View airtime and data balances
- Manage call limits
- Manage your profile
- Access copies of your invoices and itemised billing (contract customers only)
- Buy data, SMS and MMS bundles
- Check whether you’re due for an upgrade and upgrade online*
- View your free minutes
- Activate ebilling, so that you receive your bill via email instead of post
- Check your RICA status
- Send FREE SMSes
On your smartphone: My Vodacom App
Available for free for Apple, Android, BlackBerry and Windows Phone users, the My Vodacom App is a very useful tool that you can use to manage your account on the go, as long as you are connected to the internet.
Here are a few of the key benefits:
- View important account information and usage even before you log in
- Buy airtime, data, SMS and MMS bundles directly from your phone
- Transfer data and airtime to family and friends
- View data and messaging balances
- Log in once to easily manage your other cellphone numbers that are billed on the same account
- Recharge any Vodacom Prepaid number if you have a voucher PIN number
- Log on for your PUK number to unblock your SIM card and set a new PIN
- Find a Vodacom outlet near you
On all phones: USSD (*135#)
If you aren’t in an internet-connected zone, you can still manage your account using Vodacom’s USSD service. Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) is a unique technology making it possible to request services by dialling a short sequence of characters on your phone, such as *135#. It’s fast and easy to use – once you dial, just follow the prompts.
In person: Vodacom Customer Care
If you’d prefer to speak to someone in person, you can always call Vodacom Customer Care, free from a Vodacom cellphone on 082 135 – or visit a Vodacom store in your area.
There are more than 2 000 Vodacom customer care representatives across the country. Their skills range from basic Prepaid support to a highly technical data help desk to deal with any questions or issues you’re having.
You can get in touch with customer care agents on your cellphone by dialing 135, via email on email@example.com, via live chat at www.vodacom.co.za (Mon to Sun from 06:00 to 22:00), like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @Vodacom. These services are available 365 days a year.
If you’re a Red customer, you can skip the tele-queues when calling Vodacom Customer Care and you’ll be assisted by the dedicated Red Crew.
*Please note, you can only upgrade online if:
- You are the Master Account Holder of the number you are upgrading.
- You are not a corporate customer.
- Your account is held directly with Vodacom Service Provider (not a service provider like Autopage or Nashua etc)
Please take note of the terms and conditions relevant to your contract.