There are many reasons you might need a new SIM. You may have lost or damaged your existing SIM or you need to exchange your SIM for a smaller MicroSIM or NanoSIM card to fit into a new device.
Thankfully, this doesn’t mean that you have to get a new number. You can do a Vodacom SIM swap and still keep your old number, whether you’re on Prepaid or Contract.
- When doing a SIM swap, all your services remain unchanged due to the services being linked to your cellphone number and not the SIM number.
- The PIN and PUK numbers of your new SIM will not be the same as the old SIM card.
- Your RICA information will also be moved to the new SIM when the SIM swap is successful.
Benefits of a SIM swap
- You get to keep your cellphone number on the new SIM.
- You keep all your existing bundles, services and airtime.
- You keep your discounts and promotions (if applicable).
How to do a Prepaid SIM swap
- Buy a new Prepaid starter pack and register it for RICA.
- Dial 136 from the new SIM.
- Select the option to use your old cellphone number.
- You will be routed to a call centre consultant who will do the SIM swap for you.
- Put your new SIM into your device. It will take between two and 24 hours before the new SIM card is ...
Join the community and keep up to date with the latest trends