Locked out of your phone? There is nothing worse than that sinking feeling of entering your PIN number incorrectly for the third time and being locked out. Sure you can still make emergency calls, but you won’t be able to make or receive phone calls, send and receive SMSs or use your data. Before you sound the alarms and go into complete panic take a minute to 'Keep calm and use your PUK'.
What is a PUK number?
PUK stands for PIN Unblocking Key and it's used to unblock your SIM card if you enter the wrong PIN three times.
Thankfully we have a number of ways to help you retrieve your PUK number and get you back to your usual social routine. Simply use one of the methods below and enter your phone’s unique PUK number. After you’ve entered your PUK number, you’ll be able to create a new PIN – hopefully one you’ll remember!
How to retrieve your PUK number
Your PUK number can be found easily with the help of the My Vodacom App. Once you have downloaded the app onto your phone simply follow these four easy steps to retrieve your PUK number.
- Log into the My Vodacom App
- From the balance overview page open the main menu
- Tap on the “My Account” menu item
- From the drop down menu select “Account details”
- You will then be required to log into the app to access this secure informatio
- Dial *135#
- Select 'Services'
- Select 'PUK Number'
- SMS 'VPP' to 31050 from the cellphone number that you need the PUK for.
- Dial 082 135, FREE from a Vodacom cellphone, and follow the voice prompts.
If your phone is already blocked then the simplest method would be to log into My Vodacom online, where you can view your PUK number from the landing page.
Make sure you have the right PUK number and enter it correctly. If you enter the incorrect PUK number too many times, your SIM card will be permanently blocked and you'll have to get a new one.